It's summer now in Korea, and with the warm weather comes patio fun! Just about every restaurant puts tables and chairs outside so that more people can eat, and oftentimes there are more people sitting outside than in. We wanted to do a video about this patio dining culture, but rather than go to an expensive bar or restaurant, we decided to dine at our local convenience store. Some have simple plastic chairs and tables, while others - like our favorite one here - boast wooden patios and umbrellas. Convenience stores in Korea sell everything, if you haven't seen from our Convenience Store Raid Series a while ago, so no matter how specific your taste, or what you're in the mood for, they’ve got it! So, this time, we raided our favourite convenience store to make the best booze and snack combos, all based on your personality type! Well, kindof...
The pairings are as follows:
The Macho: Beer and Dried Squid
The Classic: Soju and Shin Ramen
The Chic: Sogopple Cocktail (Soju + Mango + Apple Soda) and Fruit Mentos:
The Connoisseur: BokBunJa (Raspberry Wine) & Cheese Strings
The Martina: Sogurt Cocktail (Soju + Yogurt + Chilsung Lemon/Lime Cider) and Sun Chips
The Simon: Sogrape Cocktail (Soju + Grapefruit Juice) and Sour Cream Pringles
So check out our Korean Convenience Store Patio Dining video, and let us know if there's anything we've missed, any preferences that you have at the convenience stores!
Jul 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
This might be your best one yet!!! LOVED IT!
Good Stuff!
Another good mix is a bottle of soju and one of the small bottles of mae-shil (sweetened plum juice)
Just have a shot or two of soju first, then pour the whole bottle of mae-shil into the soju, put the cap back on and shake it up.
mmm...yummy.
Gr8 stuff...
one of my favourite is buy the lemon remix (which is soju and lemon something)and the peach icecubes in a plastic container. pour the remix in over the peach icecube.. wallah then drink. If too sweet please subsatutiue the remix for regular soju.... niceeeee...
try: makgoli + that milky mango juice in a can stuff. mashta!
PS: loved your rendition of the French film.
Another great video. Laughed over and over through out. Classic. HOORAY FOR SARCASM!!
Another great video. Laughed over and over through out. Classic. HOORAY FOR SARCASM!!
Heello there!!
Convinience storees <3 In mexico convinience stores are boring hahaha xD anyways what i love buyin' in a convinience store is:
samgak kimbap!! ♥ I can say that Kimbap is srsly an obsession ♥ GEEZZ!!!!
Something else that I love is Jayu Sigan :D ♥ ♥
& of course Jelliees ♥ :D I'm really young so I don't drink beer :/ so i don't really have a combination xD
Keep Healthy
eunsong
I've been wanting to rock patio store dining. Convenience says it all.
I don't drink, but I loved your video.
Soju + grapefruit juice = So-juice?
Fun video. I enjoyed it. ^_^
My personal favourite is the Vampire. Glass of beer (3/4 full)... slowly pour a shot of Bokbunja in so that it 'bleeds' into the beer. Delicious. Best with Sun Chips.
Bogbunja is absolutely my favourite! In my Corean night I drink just this "sul". But I hate Cheese strings, but after I read your post I tried it with parmigiano (parmesan) and it's good! Strange for italian people but good!!!
You guys are so funny! This segment was fantastic!
I'm re-locating to Korea in less than three weeks - now I have even more to look forward to! Thanks for sharing :)
Randomly found your video on YouTube! Maybe if I can find those at my local Korean market I can make some of those cocktails. lol
Keep it up! And I really like your dog (and his colored mohawk)! hehe
couple of soju drinks i appreciate:
the first is basically a korean version of vodka and redbull. lotte makes an energy drink called hot six and it tastes almost exactly the same. just mix it with soju and you have a cheap, tasty treat.
the next is sort of like a bomb. mix equal parts soju and beer in a cup and leave room to bomb a shot glass of coke. it's pretty fantastic.
as always, love the videos, simon and martina!
Post a Comment