Jul 16, 2010
Why I Love Teaching
Believe it or not, but we love teaching. Love it. Teaching English in Korea isn't just a job for us. It's our careers, and it's something we're really passionate about. But it's hard to explain to people why we like teaching so much, especially since teaching can be such a challenging job. So, Simon decided a year ago or so to start collecting clips of why he loves teaching in Korea so much. He'd walk around the hallways with the camera and get the students just being themselves. Now, finally, we've finally put together the clips into a video, and we hope it conveys how fun the students are and why we like teaching so much. Really, interacting with our students is the best part of our jobs, and it's what makes teaching so enjoyable. Sounds sappy, we know, but this video's really special to us, and we hope you enjoy it. So click here to see Why I Love Teaching. And, if you're a teacher as well, we hope you can relate.
Labels:
School and Students
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Glad you're enjoying having such a great time teaching! Here's to another fun-filled year.
Thanks you guys! You are so right these kids are awesome! Even when you get frustrated with things about Korea they are the ones we are here for and are totally worth all the hard work! Love the video : )
My students are the best thing about my job too. The song you played is awesome too. I've looked them up since I want to listen to more good music. Good vid. Hope all is well.
BTW do you like Air? I love there unique sound and at some point listen to them and nothing else for months before going to bed or waking up.
great music for the vid. Enjoyed it, well done simon!
music was great for the video. Enjoyed the video, well done!
Thanks everyone! And, yes, we are fans of Air. We haven't used them for a video yet, but want to do so.
I LOVE that you posted this video. Teaching ESL, especially in Korea, gets such a bad rap from some people that it's pretty heartening to see stuff like this :)
Loved the video, I teach at an all girls middle school in Incheon so I can relate. I'm leaving after a year, I can't commit to another one year contract but I am so sad about leaving. These students are great. You did an awesome job capturing the essence of middle school.
how funny thats vidio. i live in bucheon and high school student :) i think that many foreigner teachers feel boring about korea studnet but my opinion is wrong :) hhh really thank U and i luv Lisztomania!! :)
wonderful. I just started teaching yoga to the youth here in Brooklyn. I am staking memories in my head similar. Love it.
Your video is so great. It makes me want to teach in Korea even more now.
Hi Simon and Martina!
I've been watching your videos and reading your blog for a few months now, but just thought that I would really like to commend you guys on what a great job you did with this entry in particular. Your passion just shines through this video of your students, and pretty much summarizes why I think you guys are doing so well with your teaching and your website (better than any words could ever convey). =) Thank you for sharing this so sincerely and inspiring me even more to visit (and hopefully teach!) in this place you love so much!
Post a Comment