Mar 11, 2010
Another Korean Middle School Lesson
Now that March is around the new school year has started, and with it has come a lot of new English Conversation Teachers. Hopefully you've seen our ESL Resources already so you can have an idea of what it's like to teach in Korea. The videos we made from our classes, though, make it seem as if the lessons require huge amounts of prep time. This isn't always the case. So what we've done is uploaded another lesson plan, only this time it's really easy to prepare. In fact, it should take you probably ten minutes to prepare this lesson, and it will have your students speaking in and listening to English for the entire class. Check the new video of Simon Teaching in a Korean Middle School, and if you like it, download it in either Mac or PC format. If you do decide to use it, please let us know how it works!
Labels:
School and Students
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
OMG I hope Spudgy didn't hear this video!!!
I tried this today with a few classes and they all enjoyed it. Just having their number picked was reason to celebrate, then the bartering began..."movie! drinkuh! animal!!" followed by the answer..."big bang!! 2ne1!!!". One kid kept shouting "Me! Me! eight!!! Pal!!! eight!!" every time I went to pick a card and had a heart attack every time he finally was picked (I teach small classes, so each student was picked about 3 or 4 times). Definitely will use it again and change up the sentences to fit whatever subject we're on. Awesome, easy game!
As someone who will begin teaching in Korea soon (at a middle school in Bucehon, like you), I appreciate your videos. Question: how common is it for classrooms to have all those resources? It looks like you have a pretty nice setup with the screen and the ability to plug in your laptop. Is that available in all Korean middle-school English classes?
it worked! it worked!
Glad to hear it!
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Do you have your MBP plugged into your smart-board? Do you just use the Apple remote to change slides etc? Just curious. I hate having to use the PC!
It's not a smart board. It's just a big TV. As for the remote I use, I used a USB wireless remote, but the batteries died and I keep on forgetting to buy new ones, so now I just use my iPhone.
I like how snotty that sounded. "Now I JUST use my iPhone." Sheesh. I meant to say I use my iPhone. It's cooler.
Post a Comment