Feb 10, 2010

Giocat Cat Café

Giocat Cat Cafe
Next to Bucheon, we really love the Hongdae area. It's got so many cool places that we'd have to make a new blog dedicated to it. Today, we want to introduce you to Giocat in Hongdae, which is a cat café. Yes. It is a café full of cats. You order a drink, and then you can play with all of the cats you want. It's just a matter of if they want to play with you. Anyhow, we've got a video on this awesome place, so click on the picture above to check out Giocat Cat Cafe. If you're interested in going, click here for Directions to Giocat. Finally, since we're in a silly mood, we have another silly pet video, only this one is of Spudgy Sounding Like a Monkey. Check it out!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to share that, though apparently less epic in scope, there is a cat cafe in Daegu as well. No cover charge, drinks are 4-5000won.

Getting there from Banwoldang involves going down cellphone street, then ducking into a freaky back alley. it's also near lee chow's chinese/mexcian food restaurant (Same alley).

Those directions will be useless except for people who know downtown daegu well, but I don't know how else to describe it XD

Shawn Hudson said...

I'm glad to see that Koreans don't hate cats as much as I assumed they did. I'm bringing my cat in several days, and one book I read even went so far as to state the Koreans think cats are "malignant."

adelaide said...

hey~~firstime came here.
nice cat cafe in hongdae,
do you know there's dong cafe as well?
anyway it's valentines, would like to share this chocolate shop.
http://cacaoboom.com/
it's @ hongdae area.
i like your blog.

Unknown said...

Oh the cat cafe. Didn't you find it a bit stinky? Poor Spudgy he was so angry. PS love your hat Martina!

Jonathan Tommy said...

I was just in Hong Dae the other day in and walked by there... I don't know how I missed this place!!! Thanks fro your post - gonna check out the kitties soon soon!!!

Thanks and Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thea said...

OMG! Thats great. Hopefully this place will still be around in the next year or two which is when I plan to go to Korea and teach English. This means I won't have to go through too much kitty withdrawal.

Unknown said...

YES! Finally! The Cat Cafe post!
Will be sure to update you on how Casey (extreme cat lover) reacts...

Anonymous said...

Ohhh wow how cute~!!!

Bucheon isn't terribly far from Seoul is it?
I hope I can visit Giocat Cat Cafe during the summer, as I may be studying abroad at Korea University from June to August ( * w * )

I love the videos/blogs ya'll put together, they are so hilarious and informative!

Keep up the good work~☆

-Machella

Lee said...

your hat is amazing!