May 19, 2010
Two Year Anniversary in Korea!
We have just re-signed our contracts to stay at our schools for another year! Assah! We're staying at our schools in Bucheon for a third year, which means at least one more year of Eat Your Kimchi videos! To celebrate, kinda sorta, we made a video of us being silly on camera. It's actually more like a compilation of all the bloopers that we couldn't put on film, snippets of video projects that we are working on but haven't posted yet, and the stuff of our everyday lives that we just film ourselves doing because we're just always being silly. So click the picture above for our Two Year Anniversary Video! Thanks to all who have watched and continue to watch our movies :D
Labels:
Us and Bucheon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
aaaw, I'm really happy for you guys! :)
Congratulation!!!!!
That is great. An idea for after you decide to come back from korea is maybe to make some more informational videos about your experience to help those who are planing to do this in the future. As an east coast American girl going to UBC in Vancouver, this is my dream for after graduation. Seeing all the neat things in your videos makes me want to go more then ever. Plus maybe ill be able to find something to do with the Asian Studies degree I will have by then.
You guys are seriously the cutest/best couple ever. I wish we would have met when I was in Bucheon last year!
Yay!! Congratulations on your new contracts! (And that's mostly a selfish congratulations, just so you know. Seeing a new "Eat Your Kimchi" update in my reader totally makes my day. Or afternoon snack time. Whatever. I like you guys.)
Made me cry again.
Damn you.
i have to say... you guys are a hoot. you're doing something that i didn't know i wanted to do when i could have but now want to. :) there's still hope to make a vacation trip.. we'll just have to see...
hope to see more...
Happy Anniversary and I'm really glad that you guys signed on for another year as it means more videos.
Honestly though it's so refreshing to see a blog by teachers in Korea who are not moaning constantly or being extremely negative about their experience. You guys approach all of the different things you encounter with a fun, positive attitude. It's refreshing.
Hey, loved this video!
I gotta say, that shot at 46seconds was really awesome! I know it's random, whatev... it's a good shot! The lights! :)
Anyway, have another great year!
Cheers!
I'll be living in Seoul come next month so perhaps we'll run into each other sometime in the future, hehe
So happy I found your blog! You guys are so fun! I learned more about my culture on your blog, than I had from my own family in my 30+ years living here in L.A. Great camera work Simon!
Congratulations :D
Hmm .. I hear a lot about the conflict over there now .. maybe you could write a post about how it is to be over there now? Do you notice it much?
Your the best :D Keep it up!
Hi, I'm Korean. My name is Hong. I usually visit this site. and you guys look so funny and lovely and familial? (My English is not good.)anyway.. I'm happy for your decision. Have a nice weekend. bye^^
Happy two years great videos looking forward to more d(^_^d)
What is the name of the song that you used in this video?
Mad cute! Love it! I need to take your cue and learn to love Korea! I'm almost at the 2 year mark myself. Peace and love from Soedaemun-gu! ^ ^
Somehow your recent Korean election video (gone now?) reminded me of the photo below.
http://www.yedang.or.kr/zeroboard/data/photo/200508140277_01.jpg
Admittedly a photoshop fake, but you get my drift. Despite the subject content, many Koreans found it distasteful, for obvious reasons.
Heck, nobody expects you guys to be perfect. Keep up the good work Simon and Martina!
-Gennadi the Ilsanite
p.s.
I hope you don't take all those 'racist' comments too personally. Anger and Konglish don't mix well, as you must know.
what happened to the election vid/post?
did i dream all of that????
The Election video had to be taken down because of crazy internet stalkers who took things a bit too far. Sorry!
oic.
lol....creepy.
Good move! Our son (age 28) is about to move to Korea to do the ESL thing. Even worse, my wife and I are retiring there in 2-3 years. And in that context really enjoying your videos, your humor, and your observations. I'm an old Peace Corps Korea volunteer, my wife is a slightly less old Peace Corps Korea language teacher (so she's Korean) and we're retiring to a family orchard (apples, peaches, blueberries & veggies) in Yeoju. Been living in the US since we married, & it's time for us to live back in Korea. We both decided this after being a part of one of President Lee's Peace Corps revisits last fall - we were just blown away by the whole country - so pretty, pleasant, and livable.
Post a Comment