Moving on to the last part of this miniseries, we review Korean Convenience Store drinks. Now, a while ago we made a similar movie when we tried Unique Korean Drinks. Unfortunately, we weren't sensitive enough in our reactions to the drinks, and that offended some people (which is why this series began with a big disclaimer that maintained our right to express our opinions). This time, when we review more Korean Convenience Store Drinks, we try to be more eloquent in our responses.
In this video, we review Banana Milk, Milkis, Dream of Tea, May-Wuan, and Soju.
The Banana Milk deserves a word here: surely, lots of people like this stuff. Unfortunately for us, it distinctly tastes like the medicine we had as children, so instead of enjoying the banana milk we were too busy remembering hospital visits. Uggh! And a word of caution, though: do not drink the Soju the way Simon drank the Soju. With that being said, we bring you our Korean Convenience Store Raid Part 4 - More Unique Drinks. Again, different formats are available in the sidebar.
Mar 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Haha people are so easily offended. If someone from another country didn't like an American drink I wouldn't get offended. Then again I don't feel beverages from my country represent who I am or anything. Its pretty lame to be upset by someone not liking your country's beverages. Come on people!
Amoxicillan!!! EWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Strep throat!!!!! As soon as I read that I knew exactly what it would taste like before I even watched the video. Oh you poor thing.
I AM A BANANA!
I love that I got a shout out :)
Soju/water?
I love banana milk!! It's only because I grew up drinking it though :)
www.ambitiousdeliciousness.com
Simon/Martina, the latest video is not in the sidebar. Which is a hassle, since QuickTime has freezing issues for me, and I need to use the YouTube version.
Off to YouTube to search it up.
Just giving you a heads up.
Len,
Err,
It's right there.
Thanks for your post on "Reading Proust in Foxborough." I admire your bravery in trying so many new foods and drinks. Kimchi rocks. I love it!
Your language skills must be pretty good.
Soju is the chemical drink of the devil. hhaha another foreigner soju master.
You guys try BACCHUS and VITA500? I'm addicted to those drinks, basically the korean version of RedBull.
Enjoyed the blog.
You're right, May-Wuan is plum syrup. :)
Koreans usually use it for making Soju cocktale.
LOVE THE VIDEO! Now, Simon, did you mean to feign ignorance to soju or was that just a cutesy thing for the 'review'? How long have you guys been here again? Heck I was introduced to soju my first WEEK in Korea - it seems that getting 'sojued' is a rite of passage that welcomes into the slightly stumbly arms of Korea.
By the way, if you can chug a bottle of soju like that and remain standing (or sitting), I'll buy you... another soju =) Great work guys.
hehe... i wish i could've tried Canadian medicine... i LOVE that banana milk!!
That banana milk (the one in the oddly shaped container) has been around forever, and where I grew up, was only available in bigger "downtown" supermarkets (we're talking early 80s here). So I made it a point to beg my mom to buy it whenever in those rare occations.
You are suppose to mix 매원 with water or it's going to be really sweet like sugar water
매원 is very sugary. you should mix it with soju. lol
Post a Comment