Now on to Part 2 of our Korean Convenience Store Raid: Lunch-y Foods. We were a little more bold this time, and we tried some of the heartier fare. In this video we sampled:
Kim Bap Triangles, Cold Cheeseburgers, Hard Boiled Mini Eggs, and Sausage Rolls of Lord Knows What.
Supposedly the sausage rolls are made of a pressed fish - or so we have been told - but it doesn't really seem like fish. We thought they were cheese sticks at first, but we were terribly mistaken. All we know for sure is that Korean people around us have called it "Sausage," so we'll take that for what it's worth. They're a big hit around here, and you can sample them at any major grocery store among the plethora of food samples. Anyhow, we'll stop rambling about these sausages while we still can: click the picture above to see Part II of our Korean Convenience Store Raid: Lunch Foods. Or just check the sidebar instead.
Feb 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love your insight! I am a teacher in Australia. In 08 I tutored 4 Korean girls who were out here on a study visa for the year. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL girls. They are back in Korea. 8-(
You guys have never dealt with 'teaching' as a cultural issue. You look at food, cafe, music (I loved that one) but not teaching, or public life (what is acceptable on the street?).
Anyway, I really enjoy your work. Keep it up. We are out here watching!
Love this series! Sad to hear nobody loved the 짜짜로니. One of my faves...
Anyway, last year I took 9 friends (all Morning Calm Virgins) with me to Korea for 10 days. Triangles were one of the biggest smash hits of the trip. We started to call ourselves the GS25 Triangle Tour Group. Yummylicious. (Secretly the instructions on the triangle suggests microwaving for 20 seconds first. Absolutely recommended on a cold day.)
I love it! Trust me: knowing it's sausage (instead of cheese) doesn't help much. A friend had me try it, and I was expecting some porky, beefy flavor, and...well you know the rest. I did like it, once I wrapped my mind around it.
The biggest surprise for me is still the time I ate a big bite of those teeny-tiny myelchi, thinking it was some kind of wild rice. Hoo boy!
Love your guys' work. Keep it up!
Post a Comment