Nov 12, 2008

Korean Car Greeters

Korean Car Greeters

Share
Customer service in Korea has its ups and downs. One major annoyance is that, everywhere you walk in a store, the employees shadow you like you're going to steal something. They're not being suspicious - not at all. Turn around and you'll find them smiling and waiting to help. It's just annoying to not have any personal space. One super awesome thing about Korean Customer service, though, is that it starts long before you get to the store. Drive up to any department store and you'll find a thwack of people, men and women, in matching suits and outfits, bowing to your car and greeting you through a microphone (but we can't understand what they're saying, because we don't speak Korean).

So here we have a video of these greetings in action. You'll see the greeters and the traffic directors in matching attire, but this time you won't see any Dancing Traffic Directors. If you're not from Korea you really need to see this. Click on the picture above to see our video on Korean Car Greeters, or go to the sidebar to view it in different formats.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously....that's all they do? Bow to the cars?

In Toronto and NYC they would last 30 secs before getting hit.

Unknown said...

Well, they say stuff to the cars also. We don't know what they're saying exactly, so our pop-up bubbles are our best guess.

The sad thing is that these people wear the same suits in the sweltering summer heat. I couldn't handle shorts and a t-shirt; these people are out in the sun in full black suits and hats.

Yikes

Jo said...

I love you all! You have saved em from having to plan for my middle schoolers...just the type of lessons i would have planned... but now I dont have to...I love you forever... If you ever are coming to the Kunsan area... email me and I will show you around... cause lets face it. I owe you!

Ms Parker said...

I *love* the car greeters, and the store greeters and the ladies dressed like cheerleaders yelling about maxi pads....

But, really, why don't they have people to help you bag your groceries? It seems like, you get to Emart or wherever, and 25 people greet you, help you, shadow you etc, then you're on your own to stuff all your groceries into bags before the next ajumma comes barreling along...

Unknown said...

priceless! this beats everything i ve seen here in Japan during the last 2 years. always wonder how the industry can afford this kind of 'service', these poor guys are paid very little, still they show surprisingly much dedication to their job.

the-emotional-side-of-me said...

I salute Koreans for their excellent customer service! way way better than here in Philippines!
p.s. i so love your blog! :D