This is for all the expats living in Korea and trying to operate their Korean washing machines. We translated the buttons and we explained how to operate our washing machine in this video. No more shrunken sweaters! No more accidental pink shirts! We also drop some important hints on how to have soft and manageable hair...I mean....clothing. Really, here in Korea, you have to use fabric softener. For our first month here in Bucheon we didn't use any, and our clothes and towels often had a funky smell to them, regardless of how much detergent we put in the machine. Fabric softener is the key. It's optional in Canada, but absolutely necessary here.
Check out the translations below or click the picture above to learn How To Use Korean Washing Machines. Click here for the YouTube version.
The main operations:
표준 NORMAL WASH
합성 We don't know what this means...help!
란제리 DELICATE
울 WOOL
손세탁 HAND WASH
헹굼 + 탈수 RINSE AND DRY
Self Timer:
배수 WATER SUPPLY (?)
예약 Make a RESERVATION (SLEEP TIMER)
예비세탁 SET TIMER
시간단축 REDUCE TIME and also STOP/ START
Extra cycles:
헹굼 RINSE
헹굼추가 ADD FABRIC SOFTENER AND RINSE
탈수안함 NO SPIN AND DRY
탈수 DRY
배수안함 NO WATER
Adjustments:
구김방 PREVENT WRINKLING
세탁온도 CHANGE TEMPERATURE OF THE WATER
배수안 함 WATER SUPPLY (we don't know what this means)
강 중 약 HIGH / MEDIUM / LOW
General Buttons:
동작/일시정지 PAUSE
버튼 잠김 PRESS DESIRED BUTTON
문 잠김 CLOSE LID
추기석택 ADDITIONAL SELECTION
Oct 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
First of all, I really enjoy your posts. I am happy to help you a little here. Most of your explanations are absolutely correct. Here are some additional comments.
"합섬" means synthetic fabric. "냉수" means cold water (I am not sure below what degree they call it cold, maybe lower than 20?). "급속" means quick (So your guess was correct). Finally, "배수" means draining rather than supplying. I hope these help. I lived in Bucheon almost 15 years ago. Your posts remind me lots of memories. Thanks! - From Madcitizen in US -
First of all, I really enjoy your posts. I am happy to help you a little here. Most of your explanations are absolutely correct. Here are some additional comments.
"합섬" means synthetic fabric. "냉수" means cold water (I am not sure below what degree they call it cold, maybe lower than 20?). "급속" means quick (So your guess was correct). Finally, "배수" means draining rather than supplying. I hope these help. I lived in Bucheon almost 15 years ago. Your posts remind me lots of memories. Thanks! - From Madcitizen in US -
Thank you so much for clarifying for us, I couldn't figure out "synthetic fabric" for the life of me. Where about in Bucheon did you live?
Hey kiddies so your machine does dry! That's awesome! You know we have an LG WD as well. The cold water setting that Madcitizen in US was so great to translate is probably the "tap water" setting. That what it is on ours. Now you may not have the same one as us but I'm pretty sure that the 3rd compartment in your soap tray is for bleach so you don't need to put any detergent in there.
Have you tried the drying cycle? The reason they have wrinkle free is that this kind of combo WD leaves your clothes very wrinkly because it doesn't blast your clothes with heat like a regular dryer.
You also have to drain your machine every once in a while because sometimes water stays in it. Is there a little panel at the bottom left side? Next time we are on Skype we'll take you through it :)
합성 : Synthesis
배수 : pull out the water
예비세탁 : pre-laundary before the mail one
구김방지 : Prevent Wrinkling
배수 안함 : 배수 means above one, 안 함 means don't do it, so 배수 안함 means don't pull out the water
탈수 : Spinning the laundaries
건조 : Dry
추가 : Additional
선택 : Choice
Most of these words are Chinese-Korean which means we used the pronunciations of Chinese characters.
So it might be a bit hard for you to understand the meaning.
Post a Comment