Korean Home Delivery is a thing of pure beauty. The food is the same price as it would be in the restaurant, the appetizers come for free, you don't have to tip the delivery person (or at least that's what we're told), and - here's the clincher - when you're finished eating you leave your dirty dishes outside your door and the delivery guy will come back to pick them up! We always wanted to try this home delivery service, but were too scared, because our Korean was so shoddy. We finally thought that we had enough Korean on us to try ordering, so two days ago we finally did. We made a video of the whole ordeal and, even though it didn't work as smoothly as expected, it still worked. You'll be amazed when you see what it looks like. Altogether, ordering food for the both of us cost only 9000 won altogether, which is roughly NINE BUCKS. There are many reasons to love Korea, and this is definitely one of them. If you want to know how to order home delivery here in Korea (especially in Bucheon), then click on the picture above to see the video, or click here to see our Korean Home Delivery video. It's not perfect, but you'll get the idea.
Oh, and by the way, the place we ordered from wasn't very good, so if you're in Bucheon don't order from "Ee Moo Noy" - or at least that's how we think it's pronounced. The food was pretty bland and disappointing, and we wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if we weren't as exhilarated from our success.
Sep 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Now that might be the coolest thing yet. Simon I was so impressed with your Korean!
I made some Korean food for dinner tonight, lamb chops with the Korean potatoes it was so yummy!
"Why doesn't Canada do it this way." ahahaha yea...fun stuff. This is better than TV!!!
Your Korean was amazing!!! I think that was pretty brave of you guys...it was sooo entertaining.
Poor EMN I hope he doesn't go out of business. Anyone who washes my dishes gets my vote. :)
"Pal Gong Sa"-804 that's how you count numbers
but there's a way of reading adress in korean and it goes like this.
"pal(eight) back(hundred) sa(four)-ho(house number)"-house numer 804
so next time when you order some foods, you should say "Pal-Back-Sa-Ho"
Hey! Thanks for the awesome tip! We'll never get confused again!
Order from Pelican Chicken. Get their fried chicken.... it's delicious. They're a chain, so I think they'll have one in Bucheon. I can't wait to go back to Korea.
Ah yes! I loved delivery when I lived in 군산.
Sadly, when I returned to America, I went to a Korean restaurant. They charged an arm and a leg and then had the audacity to charge extra for the kimchi. Extra for Kimchi I tell you!
The delivery fried chicken in Korea is the best (not as greasy as the American fried chicken), and they send a packet of salt along to dip the chicken in which is great. The weird thing is that they break the bones in weird places and they don't look like the same pieces that we normally see. And you get side dishes.
This is totally awesome. My husband and I are teachers and have been considering a move to South Korea, but were slightly anxious about these kinds of things. However, seeing another North American actually doing it on video helps a lot. Thanks for the tips and the cool video.
-M
I remember when I was on holiday in Seoul- 3am, i'm hungry, my host hands me a bunch of menus... I couldn't believe it. I could order anything and everything, including alcohol. So by about 3.30am I'm eating Buldak (fire chicken) and drinking soju... great times...
haha...awesome!! I never order that also...^^ it's quite difficult for me who stay in the dormitory... =D
Post a Comment